Monday, November 12, 2012

My New Megaproject

It's been a while since I've posted on this blog.  Life just got in the way.  This isn't my only blog, and I feel a little sad I've neglected it.  Anyway...

Aside from MageKnight, I've been trying to decide which other rule set to use for miniature wargaming?  There are so many that it's difficult to decide.  I read blogs, and forums, and check out companies websites.  I compare prices, range of models, and the look of the miniatures.  I've been doing this for about a year now, and I still haven't decided which one to play... UGH.  I really want to make sure I pick one I enjoy, because it's not a cheap hobby.

Within the past week, I've decided to start a project, and since I am already researching rules, I plan on compiling everything into a book.  An "Introduction to Miniature Wargaming" which will cover all the rule sets, companies, well everything to give someone a good idea on how to get started.  I plan on covering both in print, and out of print rules.  I want to cover as much of the hobby as I can.  I may have a price guide section as well, but that may end up being a different book.  In other words, I want this to be as comprehensive as I can make possibly make it.

Of course all my notes are disorganized, and I need to get a list together of all the different rule sets, miniature companies, etc.  This won't be easy, because like I said there are so many out there it's almost surreal.

Anyway, while doing research I discovered this forum... Bartertown.  It appears to be a fairly active forum.  If you want to buy, sell, or trade miniatures or other items this might be a good forum to check out.

For the foreseeable future I plan on posting at least once a week here on the Mayhem of Miniatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment